What's Happening At Appleton Eye Associates
Update on Office Hours - May 25, 2020
We hope everyone is healthy and beginning to adapt to the many changes the COVID-19 crisis has brought to the entire world. This epic event was never expected and we thank you for your patience as we work through the multitude of adjustments that we have been forced to process.
We are excited to get back to taking care of our patients' needs in a more personal way. While closed for routine care over the last 9 weeks, we were able to process many contact lens orders, countless telemedicine examinations, and in-office emergency care that could not be handled remotely. Thank you to all who continued to support our office, a small business after all. We truly are part of an amazing community.
As we slowly reopen our offices, please know that we will make every effort to reschedule your appointment in a timely fashion with medically necessary exams given top priority along with those exams canceled in March and April. We will make every effort to accommodate our patients to ensure the use of your vision benefits before they expire. This will be a challenge as we will need to extend appointments to allow for proper disinfection procedures.
Please realize that as we begin to reopen, every effort to maintain the health of our patients and staff will be strictly enforced. These changes in protocol are necessary and are consistent with the recommendations given by the CDC, WHO, AOA and MSO. These new changes may be modified as new information becomes available.
- Access to the office will be by appointment only! Exams, contact lens, eyeglass pickup, and all repairs will require advanced request. We are limiting the number of people in the practice at any time.
- If you have a fever, or believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, PLEASE reschedule your appointment.
- All patients must bring/wear their own mask.
- Upon arrival, please call the number given so we may greet you at the door.
- We ask that only the person with the appointment enter the building. If a child can be unattended, then we ask that you do so but we understand that a parent or guardian may prefer to accompany the child.
- While providing a thorough eye exam, we will attempt to limit contact with patients and the use of drops if not necessary. We strongly recommend the Wellness Program we offer which gives us a wide angle view of your retina and a complete look at its layers. These are the most comprehensive procedures to check the internal health of your eyes when dilation is not performed.
- At the completion of your examination, you will be escorted to the dispensary to check out and complete your contact lens and eyeglass purchases. We ask that everyone exit through the dispensary.
- All equipment, surfaces, chairs, frames will be thoroughly disinfected in preparation for the next patient exam. This may take several minutes and we ask for your patience as we try to complete this process as swiftly and completely as we can.
With good communication, we know we will be able to offer you the same quality care and services you have come to expect from Appleton Eye Associates. Please be assured the additional steps outlined above will afford you and your family a safe and healthy experience in our office. We will do so thoroughly and with respect.
Thank you again for entrusting us with your care and your continued support and your patience as we navigate these necessary changes.
What an amazing community we are privileged to be a part of!
Your Team at Appleton Eye Associates
Great doctors, great prices, and great selection of quality products. Easy to get an appointment too.
I just went to Dr Susan Rzepka at Appleton Eye on Green St , Newburyport. She was so caring and took so much time with my exam and contacts. I left there amazed with her care and the reception I received from the girls in the office. Would highly recommend!
Very friendly and professional group in Amesbury. Doctor Ram was great, very kind and gentle when working close to my eyes and a great help putting my new contact lens in when the appointment finished. I would recommend them to anybody looking for glasses, contacts or an appointment to check if they need glasses or contacts.