What's Happening At Appleton Eye Associates
Are Daily Disposable Contact Lenses right for you?
As we celebrate #ContactLensHealthWeek, Dr. Susan Rzepka explains how Daily Disposable Contact Lens could work for you and your eye health.
As Optometrists at Appleton Eye Associates, our goal is to provide contact lens wear that:
- promotes and maintains proper ocular health;
- integrates well with my patient’s daily routine;
- incorporates cutting edge technology;
- is more cost effective than other contact lens modalities.
Being able to achieve these goals allows us at Appleton Eye to provide premium contact lens services to our existing patients as well as any patient who would like to be introduced to contact lens wear. Recently, we have seen an increase in the younger generation of our patient population joining this modality.
Since daily disposable wear is the fastest growing segment of contact lens wear, the newest technology in contact lens wear is being applied primarily to this modality. Appleton Eye Associates offers daily disposable contact lens patients:
- UV protection;
- state-of-the-art hydrating technology to combat dry eye;
- multifocal capabilities that provide both distance and reading prescriptions in their contact lenses.
Providing premium options in contact lens wear allows our patients to exceed their visual goals.
Dr. Rzepka’s top 4 reasons patients should look at Daily Disposable Lens as an option for Contact Lens:
- You are wearing a brand-new contact lens every day of the year.
- You maintain a healthy ocular surface, free of infectious causing bacteria, and therefore reducing the rate of bacterial infections (as long as they are not left in the eyes overnight!)
- You have the most comfort that you can achieve in contacts compared to other extended wear contact lens options. Achieving increased comfort throughout the day and into the evening is particularly helpful for patients who suffer from dry eye disease.
- Daily option contact lens wear are the most cost-effective way to wear contact lenses. In many cases, the patient can wear daily disposable lens, for less than $1 a day.
Since we can achieve proper ocular health, maintain ease of wear to patients, incorporate the latest technology on the market, and provide an avenue that is cost effective, Daily Disposable Contact lens wear has proven to meet all of my expectations as an Optometrist and has allowed me to deliver exceptional care and premium contact lens services to my patients at Appleton Eye Associates.